Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update for Monday

Hi everyone!

For everyone in the Boston area who may have the opportunity to watch the marathon, let me update you with a few details of my run on Monday. I will be starting at the 2nd wave start, so at 10:30, and my plan is to run on a 10:30 per mile pace (a 4:35 overall time). This means that I will be going by Wellesley around 12:45 (which I realize is later than the majority of runners, but I hope you'll stay out there to cheer!!!). I will be at Heartbreak around 2:05 and my finish time, according to this plan is at 3:05 pm.

I'll be wearing my purple Team in Training singlet and bright orange shorts (I know...) and a white hat, and I'm #21813 so perhaps you'll be able to spot me out of the crowd!

If you are going to be at a particular spot on the course, --please-- let me know so I can be on the lookout for you and know what side you'll be on! It would be amazing to connect with as many people as possible along the course.

Aside from all of that, my charity- the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, had our pre-race pasta dinner tonight. It was really great to see my teammate friends outside of practice, and to hear all of the inspiration from current immunology researchers, patient and survivor honorees, and our coaches (and the dinner wasn't half bad either). My mother and grandmother are here for the race, so everything is culminating to be very exciting.

I am looking forward to Monday and being part of such a historic event. I have had a spat of injuries throughout training, so while I'm hoping those don't persist at a level of inhibiting my running, I realize that these things may very well cause me problems on the course. Thus, one of my main goals is to finish, no matter how long that takes, and if that ends up not being possible once I'm out there, having the experience of the last few months and the honor to participate at all are things I will always value.

Thank you very much for your support.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday!

(ps-- I might not be looking so forward to seeing you on Tuesday, though ;) I'm really hoping I'll be able to walk, so I'm currently scoping out accessible routes around campus.)

No comments: